Your Ad Here
Welcome to the site!!
Be sure to sign up for our Daily NHL 11 Tips

Saturday, August 28, 2010

NHL 11 - Goals on the Rush

Many players think that to create goals on the rush in NHL 11, you have to have an aggressive breakout to beat defense the up the ice. This can be very tough to accomplish, so next time you're playing try using these settings and see how you do:

NHL 11 (Demo)
Battle for the Cup
Difficulty: All-star
Mode: Normal
Breakout: Defend Lead
Forecheck: 1-2-2 High
Defensive Strategy: Tight Point
Defensive Pressure: Normal
Offensive Strategy: Default to Blackhawks's lines.

The demo restricts play to just the 3rd period - but during that time I managed to score 5 goals on the rush (or generated from the rush).

I know that the Flyers have a very aggressive forecheck in this game - so while all their players are deep in my end, I have 2 forwards guarding the point ready to take off as soon as I take the puck away.

I keep my breakout to 'defend lead' so that my forwards are close by when I need to pass from my defense rather than half-way up the ice. Otherwise, with Philly's crazy forecheck, all my D-men's passes would have a high likelihood of being intercepted.

Call it a cliche, but the best offense is a good defense.

Video:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, thanks for really helpful videos!
One question about scoring...How in earth do you survive standing up or keep the puck possession in the offensive zone? When playing on allstar difficulty, I just don't seem to have ANY time to dangle or wait to passing lane to open. As soon I get even remotely close to defenders, puck magically vanishes from my stick or I find myself on my fat derrier. In your videos you just cruise through the slot and magic happens.

Unknown said...

Cause it's on Rookie... you can't pull any of that off on All-star.